Tuesday, March 15, 2005

fastest rising cost at Mather Golf Course

Now I don't know about other golf courses but I would guess it's no different at Mather. Since people don't carry cash anymore and prefer to use ATM machines or debit cards instead for cash purchases, it has become a necessity for businesses to provide a "cash" retrieval system for their customers and golf courses are no different. At our course affairs meeting yesterday, I learned that the ATM machine is being removed for several reasons: one, it's old and can't be upgraded and two, it doesn't pay for itself. It doesn't pay for itself??? Now, I can't reconcile that with the outrage that people are showing when they can't get cash from the proshop, etc. But it is what is.
Then I found out that the fasted rising cost at Mather is no longer workers compensation but BANK CARD PROCESSING FEES. Yes, you read that correctly.

No comments: