Thursday, March 01, 2007

Are cellphones necessary or a convenience?

Phil Dirkx recently wrote a piece on the subject in the SLO Tribune, which is right on . . . . read it here I wrote him a letter . . . .
"great piece today about convenience of cell phones. No one "needs" to stay that connected unless they have a serious self image problem. Cellphones are a nuisance most of the time to others. The other day I was on the treadmill at Kennedy and watched the girl next to me check her phone 6 times in 30 minutes! Another time I was ordering some food at counter and during the order the attendant checked her phone, sent a text message then returned to me and asked "what was it you wanted again?"
his response was . . . .
"Thanks for responding. On two occasions I have seen men talking on cell phones while standing at urinals. Keep smiling, Phil Dirkx"

No comments: