Sunday, January 06, 2008

Who Do You Trust?

from a good website to monitor . . . http://bigpicture.typepad.com/

I quote Barry . . . "I am naturally skeptical. I see too much bullshit everywhere. Hence, I believe Trust is something that must be earned, not given away. Not demanded, not assumed, but actually earned. Especially if you are a startup company, with enormous access to lots and lots of very personal data. These firms should have to earn your confidence. They have gotten carte blanche so far, but I suspect the era of blind faith is coming to an end.

Ask yourself these questions: Who do I trust? Who can I rely on, confide in, bank on, have faith in? Who do you read? Who do you let get inside your head? Who do you believe? Who are you sure about? What companies do you entrust with your personal files and passwords? Your social security number, bank account data, personal financial info, data? Who do you trust?"

I am also a huge skeptic of everything which causes some friction among my friends as they see me as being "negative" NOT. They're not the same thing. I just don't trust anything I didn't see myself, experience myself or hear myself. I read and listen to lots of stuff and research it before I act on it but rarely do I blindly accept it as truth . . . . unless of course it's skeptical. :-) CK



No comments: