Wednesday, June 04, 2008

32 years later

32 years ago (at precisely this time of day) Toni and I exchanged our vows overlooking the Pacific Ocean from a vacant lot on a cliff in Palos Verdes, California. We had our family with us with Judge Murphy presiding and the future Judge Tynan (Toni's brother) and Martha smiling on as Toni's mom Helen, Stephani (Toni's sister and maid of honor), Gay (my mom), Grandad CRT, Grandmother Betty, Aunt Sherry, my cousin Carla (pregnant with Nikki), my cousin Sandy and Rob, Rob (my best man and little brother) and Peggy, brother Andy and Lisa (pregnant with Kelly), sister Sarah, Toni's sister Kathy and Tom, Toni's sister Sharon and Peter and our two friends Dan and Susie witnessing the event.

During the last 32 years we've moved twice in Manhattan Beach then to Fair Oaks and now to San Luis Obispo. I created a business called Kincaid Hardwood Company and Toni taught elementary at Riverview Elementary. We traveled to Europe and around the United States seeing national parks and great golf courses and acclaimed art museums. We skied in the Rockies and the Sierras. We rafting in Idaho and Colorado. We've thrown Super Bowl parties, birthday parties, New Years Eve parties, fun parties. We've been to thousands of concerts and through it all we love each other more today than ever.

here's to my dear Toni . . . I love you. Let's keeping it rocking and a rolling.

No comments: