Sunday, November 27, 2005

Life is Like Golf

People say golf is a microcosm of life, but I always thought it was the other way around. Life is more like golf than golf is like life. Think about it: The idea is to obtain control and plenty of distance without too much effort. You want a sense of rhythm and consistency. You want to be successful, but not at the expense of friends, family or breaking the rules. Life is fair for the most part, but not always – I lost both my parents within the space of three years, and my wife is in remission in her battle with breast cancer. You relish the good shots and learn to forget the bad ones. Trying to force the issue rarely works. You just keep going and try to get a little better every day. So, life is like golf.

Fred Couples 2000

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee, i didn't figure Couples was so wise. I would like to meet him. Ken