Wednesday, December 17, 2008

J D Souther

Last night Toni and I saw one of the best concerts. J D Souther returned to LA for two performances, Friday at McCabes Guitar in Santa Monica where we saw him 20 years ago and last night at Largo at the Coronet on La Cienega in Hollywood. For two hours, JD told stories and sang his great songs which have been hits for Eagles, Dixie Chicks, Linda Rondstandt. With Jackson Browne, Irving Azoff, Timothy B. Schmidt and many other LA music scene "weights" in small intimate audience we felt very special sitting in the 4th row. As friends of mine know, I used to hang out with JD back in the day just as his solo career and Eagles were getting started. One night, I was invited by my high school mate, Alexa Bodrero to a small dinner party at her friend Linda Rondstadt's house near the Hollywood Bowl and I walked in to see JD there (realizing that they were a couple). He invited me to rehearsals and early recording sessions for his first solo LP.

No comments: