Monday, March 30, 2009

Kayaker comes to aid of sailors





Yesterday, Toni noticed the Lido 14 sailing on the lake then a few minutes later noticed they had flipped (about 300 yards from our dock). we knew how cold the water of Laguna Lake is and watched to see how fast they would right the boat . . . . minutes passed and they didn't right it and they weren't moving with the current so we decided to call 911 and I donned my wetsuit and rowed the kayak out to see if I could help. One of the toughest rowing experiences I've ever had as the current, chop and wind was in my face the whole time. The 3 high school kids were glad to see me and cold. I was able to tow them back to our dock where a fleet of fire engines and other trucks were waiting to help them. This morning there was a photo and caption in the local newspaper click here

No comments: