Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Remembering Barney McCay

When I first began working at my family's company, American Hardwood, it didn't take too long before I met the Orange County salesman, Barney McCay. Barney was a former national badminton doubles champion. He knew Leo Fender and because of that, American sold all the hardwood lumber Fender Musical Instruments bought for decades, he was instrumental in the sale of spruce to make Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose. You could always count on Barney for a good joke or story. Barney passed away two weeks ago, living to the grand age of 93. Barney won't ever be forgotten by the many who worked with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barney was my dad; thanks for the "remembering" of him. I may quote it at tomorrow's memorial for him at Grace Lutheran Church, Escondido.

To get in touch (please do): mccay@aesop.rutgers.edu